Sunday, September 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

One of my favorite baking combinations would have to be chocolate and peanut butter. Put them together and you can't go wrong. It's the comfort food of the baking world! When I was looking around the internet today for some new recipes to try I kept clicking on ones that all seemed to feature peanut butter. So peanut butter it is! I can't deny my needs. Plus, peanut butter is basically a health food, right?! It has protein! I'm looking at the back of the container, and it contains 7 whole grams of protein per serving. Each serving size is only 2 tablespoons, so since I used 3/4 cup, I should be totally set on my protein intake for the next week or so. ;)

When I was looking for tonight's perfect recipe, I went to one of my favorite blogs- www.browneyedbaker.com/. This was one of the very first blogs I discovered when I stumbled upon this whole world of baking on the internet many, many moons ago. I have tried a bunch of her recipes, and have never been disappointed. Even better, she's a fellow Steelers fan. :) Click on over to her website for the full recipe:

 Here we have the dry ingredients, with my favorite small whisk. 

 A beautiful combination: butter, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter!

 All creamy and ready for the egg and vanilla!

 Combine the wet and dry ingredients.

 Chocolate, meet peanut butter. I think you guys would be perfect for eachother!

 Oh, yeah.... :0)

 Now that peanut butter and chocolate have gotten a chance to meet and mix about, they get to spend some quality time in the sauna; aka- the oven. ;)

 Waiting for this to cool completely before cutting into it is like pure torture!! 

The finished product. Yummy!!

Enjoy,
Erin


2 comments:

  1. I think I need to taste test them just to make sure they're okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, you probably should! ;)I'll tell you what, if you taste these for me, then I will taste Bobby's chili for you!

      Delete