Thursday, November 8, 2012

Chocolate chip cookies




Welcome to November! November holds a lot of special memories for me. My birthday is in November. I got engaged in November. We found out we were expecting our daughter in November. That was 10 years ago, I can't believe it has been a full decade, I remember it like it was yesterday... So since we are in one of my favorite months, I figured I'd make one of my favorite things- chocolate chip cookies. I can eat one piece of candy, one piece of cake, one cupcake- or even just half of one, and feel completely satisfied. Cookies, on the other hand, I can't say no to. Impossible. So when I make them I try to get as many out of the house as soon as possible! And off to work they go with my husband. With a small stash left behind for me! :)

There are sooo many different recipes for chocolate chip cookies. I even bake up different batches all the time. At Christmas time, I always do a mix of semi-sweet and milk chocolate. It's a delicious combination. I always end up going back to my favorite recipe though. It's tried and true, and customized to perfection (in my taste at least!). 

Here we go......

Dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda. Mix and set aside...

 Wet ingredients: butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla. Combine until creamy.

 Eggs. Add to wet ingredients. Take out of shell first! ;)




 Add dry mix to butter/sugar mix and beat just until combined.

 Now for the best part- add a bunch of chocolate chips!

 (Thanks to my daughter for helping!)

 Now comes the difficult part, since I have no patience. Cover and refrigerate. For a few hours or overnight. You don't have to do this step, but I think it helps.

 After it has chilled long enough, scoop onto cookie sheet and bake away!

 Oh, yeah....

 I made these first thing in the morning, and they were still a little warm when I packed a few up for my daughter to bring to school for snack.


Chocolate Chip Cookies:
*2 1/4 cups Flour
*1 tsp baking soda
*1 tsp salt
*1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
*1 cup brown sugar
*2 tsp. vanilla
*2 eggs
*3 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)

Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. Set aside... Using a mixer, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well. Add flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and combine. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill dough for a few hours, or overnight. Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely, and enjoy!

~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment