Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Whipped Bailey's Shots



Last week a friend of mine was awesome and brought me my favorite cake ever for my Birthday. It was a Bailey's cake from the Pastry Garden. Delicious! Of all the baking that I do, I don't usually make my daughter's birthday cake (too much stress!) or my own birthday cake. So after making the cake last for as long as possible, and savoring every bite, the last piece was finally, sadly, eaten. It did get me thinking about what else I could make with that delicious flavoring that is Bailey's...

 Some of the finest ingredients money can buy...
Heavy whipping cream, Bailey's, vanilla, powdered sugar, and some vanilla sugar for topping it off.

Put it all together in a chilled bowl, and with a chilled whisk, whip it...

 ...whip it good!


 Ahhhh..... :)

 And there ya go! I topped the cups with some vanilla sugar, to add a little extra sweetness.


 Vanilla sugar, I got this at Williams-Sonoma, a dangerous place!


Vanilla sugar also has a friend, chocolate sugar! Either one is great for topping off some hot cocoa, or sprinkled on top of a frosted cupcake.

Whipped Bailey's Shots

1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup Bailey's
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a chilled bowl. Using a chilled whisk, beat ingredients until you reach desired consistency. Spoon into small cups-or-glasses. If desired, top with vanilla (or chocolate!) sugar.

~Enjoy,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment