Friday, January 4, 2013

Peanut Butter-Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies




I finally get the chance to take take pictures while baking, and I come on here to see that I managed to go the whole month of December without posting a thing on here! What the heck?! Although I did post some pictures and posts on my Facebook page ("Like" me, yo! @Sweets For Sami), I have seriously been slacking here. Not that I haven't been baking- quite the opposite, my kitchen has been very, very busy this past month! With all of my holiday baking, I made chocolate chip cookie bars, pumpkin bread, cake balls (red velvet, vanilla, and chocolate), chocolate truffles, oreo truffles, chocolate chip pudding cookies, peanut butter blossoms, chocolate dipped almond cookies, peanut butter cups, nutella chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cup cookie cups, chocolate covered oreos, and a cinnamon roll cake. Whew! I think that was it. After Christmas I took a few days away from my hand mixer and oven. But I'm back, ready to sweeten up the new year!

I was going through all of my favorite websites the other day and this cookie caught my eye. And my tummy! Peanut butter-cinnamon chocolate chip cookies! I had all of the ingredients on hand, and made up a batch. They were delicious!!! I had a few different kinds of chocolate in already opened bags, so I figured this would be a good way to use them up. The peanut butter flavor was nice, but not too overpowering. And the hint of cinnamon was a nice touch! This is definitely a keeper-recipe! Next time I might switch it up a little and change out the peanut butter for some Nutella. I've only just recently "discovered" Nutella, and I feel like I have some making up to do! ;)

 I usually tape the recipe I'm working with onto the cabinet right above my work space. It's nice to have it at eye-level, and it won't get messy. Usually....

 The dry ingredients. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this cinnamon??

 On the plus side, only one stick of butter is needed here! Which is great, since I went through probably a year's worth of butter in December alone.

 Butter-Peanut Butter. Or Peanut Butter-Butter. Or, just delicious.

 Sugar!

 So... Have I mentioned how much I LOVE brown sugar??? ;)

 A few more ingredients.... Oh, hey- honey!

 All creamy!

 Time to add the dry ingredients...

 Chopped up some quality dark chocolate. Maybe stole a piece. Or three.

 Hello, lovelies!!

 Chocolate, meet Cookie Dough.

 The finished dough!

 Dough, meet cookie sheet.

 Ugh, dishes.... Deal with them later!

 Take them out when they look just about almost done...

 ...and in a few minutes of chilling out on the cooling rack, they will look like this!





 The lighting isn't great in this picture, but I spotted this cookie as soon as it came out of the oven. A perfect mix of all 3 chocolates! And it had my name on it!!



Peanut Butter-Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
**recipe source- une gamine dans la cuisine
(Check her out- beautiful pictures, delicious recipes, & a fellow Deadliest Catch fan!)

1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 Tbsp honey
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp sour cream
2 cups chocolate chips

Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, & salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and peanut butter. Add sugar and brown sugar, and beat until creamy. Add in the egg, egg yolk, honey, vanilla, & sour cream, and mix until well combined. Add the dry mixture. Mix in chocolate with a wooden spoon. 

Drop on a lined cookie sheet using a small scoop, or tablespoon. Bake for 8-10 min. Cool completely, and enjoy!
 


4 comments:

  1. Your cookies look delicious!! (I tape recipes to my cupboards too!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you get to make them, they are definitely a new favorite of mine! :)

      Delete