Friday, March 29, 2013

Cake Shooters

Cake Shooters


Between all the holidays that just passed- Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter this weekend, things have been crazy around here! This year is just flying by, way too fast! The other day I was making a batch of cupcakes, I filled my 2 pans with batter, and baked them up. I had enough batter left for about 6 more cupcakes, but instead of making just half of one pan of cupcakes, I decided to bake a mini cake with the leftovers. I used my 8 inch round cake pan and put a thin layer of batter. The plus side- it baked nice and quickly! Just 15 min. at 350*. After finishing frosting the cupcakes, I had a little batter left over, so I decided to make a layered dessert using the "leftover" cake and frosting. My husband got me a set of really cute mini cups and bowls, and this seemed like the perfect time to try them out! These are super-easy. Here I used Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, but you could use any combo. Using ice cream or pudding in place of the frosting would certainly be tasty also....



Just break off bite-sized pieces of the cake (slightly smaller than the glass you are using to fill). No need to make it clean and pretty. The pieces don't have to be a perfect square or circle, in fact once it's all filled it looks really cute having all the different shapes filling up the glasses.


After dropping a piece of cake into your serving dish, pipe a small amount of frosting on top.


Continue the layering with some more cake pieces....


...and more frosting...




Make sure to end with the frosting, and put a nice swirl of frosting on top to finish.


I decided to give a try to the little round cups/bowls.


Being that these glasses were shorter, they only fit two layers of cake. Still cute though!


Top it off with a few sprinkles, since sprinkles always make things more fun! 


(Love the little forks that came with the set!)


They make the perfect size dessert. 


I also made Rainbow Cupcakes this week, so I had to try them out as well! 

It's a nice, fun twist to a traditional cake or cupcake. Give it a try!

~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment