Thursday, August 22, 2013

Update on our guinea pigs!

My boys, Cocoa and Mocha are now 3 1/2 months old, and they have gotten so big! They are still best friends and are always right next to eachother. Mocha is my big boy, he is almost as big as his mama, Ganache! Cocoa is longer, though. Here is a picture of them from the day they turned 3 months and one of Mocha with Ganache so you can see how much they have grown...







I have been making lots of salads for them, as they sure do like to eat!


















We have done some updates to their cages....



The boy's cage is the one on top. They have a little bed under their fleece hidey that I made for them and that is where they spend most of their time... The bottom cage is the girl's cage. Yes, that right, girl's as in plural! We have added a new piggie to our family!!

Meet: Cappucchino
 







She is just the sweetest thing!!! We don't know how old she is, but she seems to be older than Ganache since she is somewhat bigger, but we believe she is still young and most likely under a year. She and Ganache have been getting along wonderfully, I'm happy to say! From their first time meeting, it's as if they had been long time best friends!









I could just watch them interact with eachother all day. Love it! I had two different hidey spots in their cage so that they could have their own spot to sleep, but they seemed to like to share instead...





So I decided to make them a bigger fleece hidey for them to share:
That's where they spend most of their time now. As of right now, I think we are maxed out at 4 guinea pigs. With two large cages though, I am thinking of going back to using fleece liners as bedding. That's what we used when we just had Ganache, and she was really good with them but once her boys came along, they were just so messy. Disposable bedding is just getting to be way too expensive with the amount that we need each week.



No comments:

Post a Comment