Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bye-Bye Summer....

My daughter started school this week, which means summer is over, no matter what the calendar, or the weather, say about it. I still can't believe she is officially a 5th grader now. This is the first year that I managed to get through putting her on the bus without shedding a tear. At first, I was happy and proud of that fact, but then I decided that I would feel a little sad over not feeling too sad. I don't try to explain my emotions! Just roll with it....

Here is my girl and one of my nieces enjoying a sunset last weekend...


Sunset-time has always been a favorite of mine. Love it! It's getting earlier and earlier though as the end of the year comes nearer. I can just start to see a slight changing of colors on some leaves. I love the Fall. Football season has started (go Steelers!). Another thing that has started... making school lunches.


My girl bought lunch the first day of school, but this is what she brought to school for the second day. Seems like a lot of bread, eh? At least two of the breads are homemade though, banana bread (in the container by itself which was for snack) and zucchini bread to go with lunch. I am loving the Chobani Yogurt in the squeeze tubes for lunches (http://chobani.com/products/tubes-swirlin-strawberry-banana/), makes it easier and I don't have to worry about putting spoons in her lunch bag and hoping they find their way back home. ;) Another thing I found that I love is these water bottles (http://coolgearcan.com/can_16oz_everday.html). They are super cute, they close good and tight, and they keep the water nice and cold!

Of course, a post wouldn't be complete without some mention of the guinea pigs, so here is a new photo collage that I put together of them...


~Erin

1 comment: